Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Goodbye Australia

So my last day in Australia consisted of watching the Redskins lose 59 to who cares and saving an abandoned dog.  When I went to the beach before the game I found this dog who was alone just sitting in the shade.  He quickly came over to me and layed down.  It was pretty much the saddest sight I'd seen in a long time.  The dog was all ratty looking with dried out fur from the ocean salt.  I sat with the dog for 20 minutes hoping his owner would return but nothing.  There was no way I was going to ditch this dog or it would follow to me for the rest of my life.  I walked with it on the beach looking for it's owner but still nothing.  Finally, some people with a car said they'd drive it to the shelter, which is better than being all alone on a beach in the sun.  I hope they don't gas their animals here.  I also hope that the owners get the dog back and treat it well.

After the game I walked to Coolangatta and ate thai.  The people made me wait 3 minutes for their happy hour.  Is it really that big of a deal?  3 minutes?  Assholes.  I would have gone somewhere else but there wasn't anywhere to go.  I walked back to the hostel on the beach and went into deep thought.  The trip wasn't even halfway through but the thoughts of what I was going to do with my life returned.  Still clueless on the other side of the world. 

Today I'll fly to New Zealand and meet Peter in Auckland.  I'm excited to have a constant friend to hang out with again and also a car.  I've been stranded here for over a week and am ready for a change.  Still need to decide if I want to extend my flight.  Need to figure that out fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment